Last year I started playing a little tennis with some friends. This year Angie Fisher asked a few of us to be in a tennis league. I thought she was crazy but she insisted we could do it. I won't lie at first I was really out of my comfort zone. I even had to play against Paige N. who was the state singles champion when she was in high school. She served so hard I just had to make sure it didn't hit me. Later in the year we started up the City League and I started feeling a little better about things until I played an old lady that was probably in her 70's and she about beat me. Don't judge a tennis player by their looks is all I have to say.
The crazy thing is we were a team of almost all beginner players and we found ourselves in the final championship game. We even beat the Ogden Athletic team who were the champions last year.
We ended up taking second place only by two matches but we felt awesome about ourselves and now I have this very beautiful statue to set out for my family to see :)!
I have to say Bobbie, I am very impressed that one: you took up tennis and doing so well at it and two: that you survived Paige's serves. I took tennis lessons with her as a little girl. She had scary serves at 10, I can only imagine them now. I would love to play with you some time. You will feel real good about yourself after that. :)
ReplyDelete