Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mud Bloods on the Run!

The Mud Run at Soldier Hollow is a 10k full of mud, mud, and more mud! It was really fun being a kid again and working through ponds of mud, climbing over and under walls, sliding down hills of mud and all kinds of crazy obstacles. Our team was called the mud bloods because of Harry Potter fans on the team. Not being a Harry Potter fan I wasn't even sure what one was.
We did so well through the whole run until the big slide. I told Jakki we would race down our lanes. At the very end she made one last jump not realizing the slide ended. She jumped and landed on her back on a hard piece of ground. She was hurt bad. She couldn't breath, and was making an awful moaning noise that I have to tease her about now. It really scared me though. She slowly walked out but ended up breaking her back and had to wear a brace for over a month.
After our crazy run the kids lined up for a one mile mud run. Kate came to be apart of the fun and had so fun. I was really proud of her, she did awesome!



1 comment:

  1. Goooooo Mud Bloods! This was so much fun. I am so glad we did this. I was so proud of the kids too for doing so well in the mud. Thanks for doing it with us, the mud bloods would not have been complete with out you. As for Jakki that studly women is already planning on doing it for next year.

    ReplyDelete